Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me

Hello! My name is Alexandria "Alex" Rogers and I am currently a sophomore at Whitney Young. I am 15 years old and I absolutely love writing. Last year I wrote a short children's story about the environment and wanted to get it published, so this past summer, I created my own Kickstarter page with my cousin to fund raise for the publishing process. The fund raiser ends on September 15, so hopefully by then I will have some funding to complete the project. In addition to writing, music has a significant place in my heart. I enjoy listening to several genres of music ranging from rock to blues to jazz to classical, etc and I have been playing the guitar for 5-6 years now. Over the summer I had the honor of playing with a professional guitarist named Tony Rush, who is well known for touring with extremely well received blues guitarists like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Eric Clapton,etc. It was an awesome experience and I had a ton of fun. My other hobbies include drawing, reading, playing video games, watching anime, sewing, costume designing, and doing Taekwondo. I am currently a second degree black belt in Taekwondo and I have been practicing the martial art for about 8-9 years at Daley College. Generally speaking, I am usually pretty reserved and shy when it comes to meeting new people, but once I get to know you a little, I'll be more open to talk and make jokes. I love making new acquaintances, and in my circle of friends, I try to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves.
Let's hope this school year turns out great,
-Alex Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment